FACTS & INFO
The original 356A factory service manual came out in 1956 with a little over 500 pages. The initial version of the 356A service manual had the same red cloth cover as the prior manual. At some later date, the cover was replaced by the red, white and blue tools graphic (shown at right). The 356A workshop service also appears in the slick and rough paper versions. Today, this 356A manual is still being published by Porsche.
In August 1958 Porsche produced a set of supplements to the 356-A service manual totaling 130 pages (cover shown at right), including changes for the Convertible D and other changes implemented in late 1958/early 1959:
1. New Clutch (Haussermann)
Special sections in workshop supplement manual for the D model covered:
1. Removing and installing crank window
All information courtesy of Charlie White, DerWhite's 356 Porsche Factory Workshop Manuals , (DerWhite Productions, Phoenix, AZ, 2004)